Monday, January 28, 2008

Started at Uni SA today

"... it will be a start!" - The Jam


I have started work a Senior Lecturer in Information Systems in the School of Computer and Information Science at the University of South Australia.today! I am based at the City West Campus and my new e-mail is Simon.Shurville at unisa.edu.au. My home page at Uni Sa is http://people.unisa.edu.au/Simon.Shurville. I am program director of Business Information Management and Library Information Management.

I flew in from Perth a couple of weeks ago to start the reno on our house in Brighton. I have lifted a lot of dusty carpet so far. Marian flew over a few days later and has been busy stripping wall paper. The reno is going well and our furniture from Brighton, Enfgland and Fremantle arrived this morning. Fairly soon we will be able to relax in the pool and watch Skippy the cat slide on our newly polished floors into our newly painted walls. Bliss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Simon,
Your blog is a versatile and interesting read. I moved from Germany to Glenelg and still enjoy sunsets at the beach (if a make it home in time). I am very much interested in the synchronous side of e-learning, got sidetracked by some epistemological issues about how to research learning, or even worse – virtual learning – and now I pay the price by dedicating my late evenings to the write up of my thesis.

Actually I should be able to track you down physically, since I am writing this message from the very place you work at. But I never said ‘Welcome!” by commenting on someone’s blog, so I thought this might be a unique opportunity ;) Good luck with the new job!

Cheers, Christian